Head of Data Science-$150,000-$200,000 plus 20%-30% bonus-Austin,Texas
A leading social gaming company is looking to expand its senior leadership team by hiring a Head of Data Science to drive the analytics and business performance function across the firm’s products and business.
Key Benefits of Head of Data Scientist
- Salary up to $150,000 to $200,000 plus 20%-30% bonus
- A leading social gaming company
- A greenfield senior leadership role where you will have scope to build a data science team
You will be a key driver in ongoing monitoring, reviewing, and optimising the business, together with influencing the future roadmap and direction of the company. The Head of Data Science is a really important position for the company where you will be building a new function which will run parallel to the exceptionally strong data science team in Seattle.
This would mean that the Head of Data Science will need to be hands on in the first months, however the plan is to grow the data science team in Austin. As an example, the Head of Data Science in London was tasked with a similar task and has grown the team from 3 to 30 in 3 years. A very exciting opportunity to make your mark in a lead social gaming company.
- Hire, mentor and manage a small team of data scientists and analysts
- Work with data science to development of predictive models that guide product decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organisation
- Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations to leadership across organisation
- Perform statistical analysis and machine learning n experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Experience as a lead/manager building and managing data science teams within the gaming industry
- Experience with SQL, R, Python
- Experience with manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validation of results
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modelling tools and underlying algorithms
This is an exciting greenfield project where you have the support of the VP of the Data Science in growing a new data science team in the Austin office.
Please apply below or contact Demetrious Vassiliou at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07506115453 for a confidential chat.
By applying to this advert you agree to your personal details being held on file in relation to this and other future relevant opportunities.
Key Words: Data Scientist / Data Science / Python / SQL / Statistics / Predictive Analytics / Machine Learning / Gaming
Apply for this job
Feel free to follow Chi Square Analytics LinkedIn page